Tuesday, April 21, 2009

First Post. Here we go!

My husband’s Great Uncle Dale is turning 90 this weekend. As a part of a large family birthday celebration, we were all asked to write down and share with others an escapade that we had with Uncle Dale. For most, this was easy because Uncle Dale is an adventurer who never lets the rules get in his way.

Although it was easy for me to remember several escapades with Uncle Dale, it got me wondering “what kind of adventures would people remember 50 years from now with me?” My dearest girlfriend, Alison, has often kidded me that she was going to write a story book called “The Adventures with Heidi.” I found this quite complimentary as it reinforced that my life was not boring as I sometimes feared.

So I stole by dear friend’s book title and have created this blog as a way to share with others my oddities, fascinations, and a celebration of the simple things in life.

Join me. Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Heidi,
    I remember well this story about Uncle Dale. Quite an exciting trip driving his truch & no brakes! I'm so happy that he will soon celebrate his 90th birthday. I wish you all a great birthday bash!
    MaryEllen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this story. It was quite an exciting experience with Uncle Dale. I know you are not anxious to drive his truch again! Congratulations to him on his 90th birthday!
    MaryEllen

    ReplyDelete