Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It was love at first sight when meeting Sally Loo!

And this is Sally Loo!
Sally Loo and her owners, Jen & Brandon Manuele bought the old Café Luna, in the eclectic Railroad District of San Luis Obispo. Like Sally Loo, Jen & Brandon have been working like dogs transforming the place into the coolest hangout in town! And of course, the new name of their place is SALLY LOO'S CAFE!

That's Jen & Brandon Manuele. Jen & Brandon are amazing photographers and after checking out their website and Blog, it was clear to me that they were energetic, creative, hip folks who were accustomed to creating beautiful and spirited things. So when they asked me to hang my artwork on their café walls, my immediate response was heck YES! On Monday of this week I hung 9 artworks from my When Animals Dream series. Their sea foam colored walls were waiting for me as the the perfect back drop for my work. It was as if we had meticulously coordinated the colors in advance, which we did not!

With family, friends, and repair technicians all putting in some cheerful sweat, the crew is in the final prep days of hanging shelves, organizing the kitchen, planting flowers in the front flower boxes, training staff, and hopefully getting a day of rest before opening on May 7th! Meanwhile, the café regulars in their neighborhood drop by to check on their progress, awaiting a good latte and some of Jen’s famous cooking! As you can see, these are the "before" photos. I'll post some "after-reveal" photos when they are up and running!


When you visit them, be sure to also check out the showroom next door, featuring their stunning photography. But give them a couple weeks for the dust to settle in the cafe before the showroom is up and running!

























When I was snapping up these photos, Jen couldn't help herself and took a couple too. This is me on the couch in front of Flying Swan & Koi Around.




See you at Sally Loo's!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This is wonderful! This looks like a darling cafe & the perfect place for your artwork. Exciting! Really looking forward to going there when we come this summer.
    MaryEllen

    ReplyDelete